Wednesday 3 September 2014

What’s on Your Workdesk? Wednesday - #274

Morning Deskers!! Well the Bank Holiday did for me last week (didn’t think about WOYWW till Thursday which was a bit of a shock as I had to go to work that day. Doh). And having just a couple of hours sleep last night meant I wasn’t exactly firing on all cylinders this morning. Still a trip to the hairdressers and several coffees later I’m starting to get my head together. Here’s my desk:

IMG_1446[1]

Not too much going on, been trying out my Tim Holtz Butterfly Frenzy die (amazing, this month his tag challenge includes something I actually own even if…er, I have to admit I haven’t used it before). Instead of getting a jump on the challenge I have immediately got distracted into thinking of ways to use up the waste. Typical. Butterfly mind.

IMG_1447[1]Stuff still all over the table from now finished projects. Needs to go away. Top LHC a new sponge for needle felting because we got the cutest book of how to make needle felt animals at the library this week. I just have to try!

My current fave sentiment stamp ‘ have a lovely day’ a freebie from CraftStamper mag. Tag box down because someone is going to get one. That’s it, the decks are pretty clear in that I am a month ahead with all my birthdays etc. Just have to put the finishing touches to this month’s giveaway and then I think I am going to do a bit of splodging. But not until after my card making friend comes to visit tonight for our cardmaking 101 sessions. And MacMillan Open House is now less than 4 weeks away. Eek!! Better get a wriggle on.

Why am I showing you this? Go here and you’ll find out!! Have a great Wednesday!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

The negative of the butterfly die works great on that card! I do the same thing -- I bought alphabet dies because I wanted to use the negative space. :-)

Happy WOYWW & thanks for visiting! ~ Laura #53

Lisca said...

Hi Cindy! Thanks for sharing your desk. I've linked for the first time today.
I love those butterflies. I had spotted them a while ago and they are on my 'wishlist.I will order them soon.
Happy WOYWW!
Lisca #61

Cazzy said...

I like that die! I have a butterfly doily die where i use the butterflies - there are too many of them, I have a heap when I cut a few doilies. Maybe they will get used or the neighbour's kids will get them in their bag of bits - some of which ends up in the primary school art box too.
Happy WOYWW.

Cazzy x #39

Hazel said...

Love the look of the butterfly frenzy. Thanks for sharing your workspace today. Hazel, WOYWW, #34 x

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I love butterflies and anything Tim Holtz. I just wish he produced digital designs. Ali x. #20

Helen said...

the butterfly frenzy die looks fab,both the butterflies and the outline! I have the birds in flight one which is only ok for very thin paper and is a right ..so and so... to extract. Helen 14

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh! I am jealous of that butterfly die! I expect it may well end up in a 'basket' one day!! LOL! Have fun! Chris 46 xx

Shoshi said...

Those butterflies look great, Cindy - both the positive and the negative! Love the card you've made. I am sure you will make good use of all those butterflies!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #40

Claire Grantham said...

I have a similar die by Simon Says Stamp..they are the craft retailer that I will miss when we return home to London. Love what is going on, on your desk. The tag is gorgeous. Most jealous that you are ahead with your cards. I was, then stupidly forgot to take them home and post them! Cx #59

April said...

What a great stencil! I just love butterflies. April #70

Eliza said...

Wow what a great card that die works wonderful with the card behind it.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 49
Happy WOYWW

Julia Dunnit said...

It is unrealistic of me to say that I can come to your Open House, although I would love to.....can I donate some cards to sell or something?
Your desk looks very welcoming...the butterfly waste is as lovely as the original isn't it..no wonder you got distracted!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love the way you have used the butterfly die, great idea, I normally use the butterflys and forget the negative section.
Happy crafting, Angela x 38

Chrysalis said...

That butterfly die is lovely - so effective. Another addition to the Santa list, methinks! Have a great weekend, Chris # 29

Marit said...

Hi Cindy I hadn't had a chance to visit you last week so I am here now... a week later (but there's no new woyww-post from you yet, so I comment on this one) Those butterflies are cute, but tiny - I envy crafters who can work neat and tiny (you guessed: I'm not one of those, ha!) Happy creating and happy woyww! Marit (#53 on September 10)

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...