Saturday 26 April 2014

Fantasy Stampers Challenge #9 – Distress It!!

Now I know lots of crafters love a bit of ‘stressin’” as my mum calls it, so I’m sure this challenge will appeal to many of you. Distress It

FS Blog Button

For my DT project I decided to go 3D and distress one of the little mdf money boxes I picked up the other week. I painted all over with a deep brownish red and then a lighter blue and then even a bit of white to knock it back even more and then sanded it back to  the first layer in places. Then I stamped directly on to the paint, embossing some of it for a bit of texture.

I also stamped the door and some flowers onto card to fussy cut and layer up for a bit of dimension using promarkers to add colour. The trellis on the roof is made from laser cut trellis card (Anna Marie Designs) that has been coloured and covered with distress EP. The detail on the eaves is a sizzix border die cut treated the same way. 

IMG_1161 Several stamp sets were used, Paper Artsy Bricks and Mortar 3, Personal Impressions Butterfly heart with love, and Clear impressions Birdsong Collection.  Hope you like, as ever, my photography doesn’t really do it justice!!

IMG_1160

Anyhow if you feel inspired to join in with us at Fantasy Stampers this fortnight we’d love to see what you can get all distressed about!! Any kind of project counts but it MUST include some stamping. Hope to see you there!!

Ciao,    Cindy xx

2 comments:

sally said...

Very cute! It would be a great jump off point for some bird boxes too :-)

Sally

chrissie said...

Really lovely work on this with beautiful images.

Love Chrissie x

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...